I’m sure you all have that one friend who is completely obsessed with shoes. She probably has ten thousand pairs but will never miss the opportunity to buy new ones – especially if they’re on sale. I am that girl, but with bags. I believe that nobody can have enough bags, and that there’s different bags for every occasion! Which is why in today’s post, I want to talk to you guys about the five different types of bags that every girl needs to have!
01. The Everyday Crossbody. I love a good crossbody, and I think no casual outfit is complete without one! I personally love how the French style crossbody bags with mom jeans, a striped shirt, a coat and a scarf (as seen on Elsa in Plan Cœur). They’re super versatile and perfect for busy weekdays. My current go-to is this one by DKNY in grey, it’s the perfect size to fit everything I need without being too big. Of course, in an ideal world, I’d have a Chanel. *heart eyes forever*
02. The Working-Girl Tote. I always thought tote bags were for moms until I saw this beauty from YSL and fell in love. I’m a sucker for understated yet gorgeous bags, and this one meets my expectations completely! Totes are perfect for going to university or work; they fit laptops, planners, and any other notebooks you may have, which is why I love them.
03. The Adventurer’s Backpack. Lately, backpacks have been getting super trendy and it’s obvious why: you can carry so much in them and they’re really easy to carry around since they go on both shoulders. The Kanken has been really in recently, but they aren’t really my style. My go-to backpack since I picked it up in London a few years ago has been Longchamp’s Le Pliage. Mine is grey (although I bought I got navy blue instead) and it’s perfect for travel: it’s waterproof, fits my camera, and looks cute whilst being practical!
04. The Weekender Bag. For all those sleepovers at your bestie’s house or weekend getaways with your family, I think having a big but chic bag is quite important. I have been using this trusty Tory Burch for the past few years and the quality is great. I also use it as my airport bag, since it fits my laptop and camera bags inside it with room to spare for a little Duty Free splurge.
05. The Party Clutch. I’m not much of a partier, but at the off occasions when I attend formal dinners for my dad’s work, I don’t think anything completes an outfit as well as a clutch does. My philosophy is investment: buy a high-quality, versatile clutch that you can use with any and all outfits. My dream clutch is this Valentino number, but currently I’m making do with this dupe.
And there you have it! Five bags that I think complete every girl’s wardrobe. Which bag is your favorite?