Because I am vain and enjoy talking about myself, I thought it would be cool to tell you guys some fun facts about me in today’s post. In all seriousness, I love when bloggers do personal posts like this. I think it’s so interesting to learn about them, and it makes me feel like I’m taking to a friend.
So that being said, here are 25 random facts about me!
01. Watching TV is my favorite way to destress. I think that’s a little obvious already, considering my last post along with me literally having a category on my blog specifically for talking about shows and movies. My current faves are Jane the Virgin, Killing Eve, and Dynasty.
02. I can’t cook or bake. I can’t follow the most simple recipe because I get impatient and somehow mess it up. I can eat, though (haha).
03. I LOVE to shop. I tend to not do it as often as I like because my dad works in finance and has reiterated the importance of saving into my mind since I was a child, but if money wasn’t in question, I think all I would ever do is shop. I like shopping for clothes, or home decor, or gifts. I even like shopping on behalf of others. Ugh, I could talk about this all day, but I shall digress.
04. My taste in music is weird. And by that, I don’t mean I listen to weird music, I just mean that I listen to whatever I like at the moment. I can go from liking pop, to indie, to psychedelic rock, and everything in between. Currently, I’ve been loving a mix of Tame Impala and 2012 Justin Bieber.
05. I’m a hopeless romantic. And I hate it. I grew up watching chick-flicks and reading fairy tales, so naturally, I love the idea of love. I wish I was one of those girls who couldn’t care less, but happily ever afters make me feel gooey with joy.
06. That being said, I’m very picky when it comes to guys. I’d rather be alone forever than end up with someone I don’t 100% like. (Funny side story: my best friend and I wrote super-secret criteria lists for things we look for in guys when we were about 15. I had four very attainable things on my list. Years later, I have yet to find someone who ticks all four boxes.)
07. I’m very close to my family. I have amazing, supportive parents, and the funniest little brother. I’m also close to some of my extended family, namely my grandma and one of my aunts. They’re very important to me and I would trust them with my life.
08. I have two cats. They’re called Boki (aka Picky Picky, he kinda has two names) and Patchi. I love them both as if they were my biological children.
09. I love being outside. My favorite forms of exercise are hiking and bike riding. One of my goals is to have a massive, nature-driven road trip across the States with my friends, where we just camp in picturesque towns in America.
10. Speaking of traveling, I want to backpack through Europe someday. I’d love to create a scrapbook of all my adventures from the trip.
11. I hate fizzy drinks. If I had to drink one, I’d opt for orange soda. But overall, just not a fan. I also hate bananas, eggs, and I’m not the biggest fan of donuts.
12. My current style icon is Villanelle from Killing Eve. I’ve always worn a lot of neutral colors, and jeans and T-shirts, and watching Villanelle made me realize how bored I am of them. I am now inspired to buy shiny silver trousers, or a green leather top. Or maybe wear a neon yellow raincoat around on a sunny day, because why not? My ideal Villanelle-inspired outfit would be Doc Martens, a flowy pink dress, and huge chunky earrings with my hair tied up in a messy bun. It’s the perfect mix of girly and tomboy, which I think encapsulates my personality pretty well.
13. I think I want a tattoo someday. I’m not sure what it would be of, but I’d like it to be small and in an intimate place, like my collar bone or somewhere along my arm.
14. My favorite season is autumn and my favorite weather is rainy. Having lived in the Middle East my entire life, I’ve grown to hate the sun. I also hate summer fashion but love all the vibes in autumn. The rain, the Bath & Body Works candle collection, the myriad of maroons and mustards. *heart eyes*
15. I have the worst selective hearing ever. You could be talking to me and I’d be staring at you right in the face but not listening to a word you’re telling me.
16. Sunglasses shopping frustrates me because nothing ever suits my face. I invested a lot of money into a couple of pairs I’ve bought in the past, but I don’t wear any of them because they look just terrible.
17. My favorite place I’ve ever been to is London. I’d like to live there someday.
18. I am 5 foot 3. But I lie to everyone and say I’m 5 foot 4 because I hate being short. If I could pick, I would ideally be 5 foot 7, and then my legs would look amazing in skirts. Instead, I look like a toddler walking around in a tutu.
19. Watching YouTube videos is one of my favorite pastimes. I started watching back in 2012 when Zoella still made good content. Lately I’ve been loving commentary channels, like Danny Gonzales and Cody Ko.
20. I’m an ambivert. This means I’m smack-dab in the middle of being an introvert and an extrovert. On the MBTI test, I always get INFJ as my personality type, but the I/E part shows me as 51% introverted, 49% extroverted. I completely agree with this because depending on my mood, I’m either the life of the party or the loner sulking away in the corner of the room (not really, but you get the gist).
21. I’m a huge planner. I lay out everything: my plans for the day, my plans for the week, grocery lists, goals I wanted to accomplish, etc. Lately, I’ve tried to dial it back a bit, and that’s definitely made me feel more relaxed. I do still list things out in my head and if they don’t go according to plan, I get really upset.
22. I have never for clothes shopped online. I just don’t get the point of it. Part of the fun of shopping is going out, browsing, and trying clothes on. Online shopping takes away from that and makes it so much more boring.
23. I was a huge reader as a kid. I was a bit of a loner when I was younger because my family moved around a lot, so I was always the new kid. I found a lot of solace in books back then, and that’s what got me into writing, too. I don’t read as much anymore because I just don’t have the patience for it, but I’d love to get back into it someday.
24. I was also really into journaling. I started when I was about 9, and stopped at 19. Unfortunately, I only have my stuff from age 17 and later because I got rid of all my older diaries like an idiot.
25. Writing 25 facts was harder than I anticipated! It took me two whole days to write this post out. Phew!